Warning: Illegal string offset 'td_post_template' in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/dimpy-tv/public/wp-content/themes/Newspaper/includes/wp_booster/td_single_template_vars.php on line 75 These rare facts you might not know about India's biggest leader MK Mahatma Gandhi
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi) was born on 2nd October, 1869 and raised up in Gujarat. He is also known as the father of the Nation. His independence movement inspired civil rights movements across the globe. Firstly, he engaged non-violent public disobedience as a deportee lawyer in South Africa.
After returning back to India, he organized protest against excessive land-tax and discrimination. He excellently led the Quit India movement in 1942 and was caged on numerous times in his lifetime. Gandhi’s dream for free India was realised on 15th August, 1947, when British granted independence to India after partitioning India into two territories.
Today on the event of Mahatma Gandhi’s 145th birth anniversary, we’re presenting some of the antiquated and sporadic images from his days as a law student to the time he respired his last.
1. 1887: Mahatma Gandhi as a Law student
2. Mahatma Gandhi as a Lawyer
3. Gandhi wearing western clothes
4. Mahatma Gandhi with his wife
5. Mahatma Gandhi meet film actor Charlie Chaplin
6. Mahatma Gandhi fasts in protest against British rule
7. Mahatma Gandhi on the deck of a boat
8. Mahatma Gandhi dead body covered with a Khadar Sheet
9. The Funeral Pyre of Mahatma Gandhi, who was assassinated in Delhi
10. Crowds queuing to pay tribute to the Mahatma Gandhi