‘Missile Man of India’ A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, former president of India has inspired so many people with his achievements as well as his words. On his 84th Anniversary, everyone is paying tribute to him in some or the other way. Government schools are having a bagless day today. Many Indians are even trying it on an individual level.
- After graduating from Madras Institute of Technology in 1960, Mr. Kalam joined the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO). He designed helicopters for the Indian Army.
- After he was transferred to the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Mr. Kalam worked as the project director for SLV-III, India’s first indigenous satellite launch vehicle, where they launched satellite Rohini to orbit on July 1980 followed by Agni(11 April 1999) and Prithvi(1994, Prithvi I).
- In 1998, along with cardiologist Dr.Soma Raju, Kalam developed a low-cost Coronary stent. It was named as “Kalam-Raju Stent” honoring them. In 2012, the two of them designed a burly tablet PC for health care in rural areas, which was named as “Kalam-Raju Tablet”.
- Displaying unity in a literal sense, all political parties unanimously voted for Mr. Kalam in 2002 as the 11th President of India.
- “Wings of Fire” and “India 2020” are modern classics and have motivated millions of Indians.
- He proudly holds prestigious awards such as Doctor of Science, Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, Indira Gandhi Award and many more.
Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
-A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
But the person who caught our eye is C. M. Arunlal, a software Engineer who is Kalam’s follower since always. He decided to give a tribute to his inspiration by putting together his 50 paintings on display in the VJT hall. The self-trained artist based on Kanjirappally, Kerala has arranged the exhibit ‘Kalam Yuga’, which will be open for the public after being inaugurated by Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala.
This tribute for his idol is definitely going to make him proud.